Saturday, October 23, 2010

Teaching is a rewarding experiance


On Tuesday I was collaborating with my 3rd grade teacher on what we were going to do for the week. The program I do in the afternoon is new to the school and I wanted some feedback. I asked her if she has noticed a difference with the students inside the classroom since I have been working with them. She said as a matter of fact I have, they participate more, they are comfortable with asking questions and I have even seen some improvements on their tests. after looking over the tests with her because I wanted to see them she said to me one of your students (I will not mention names) said to me the other day I like going with Ms. Conlon she is not just fun to be around and funny, she make things easy for us to understand. I get when I am with her. That was amazing to hear, even though I travel to the Bronx everyday and I don't get paid all that much...this is why I love my job and this is why I am a teacher, to make a difference.

Vocabulary:

1. Collaborate Verb:act of working jointly

2. Participate: To join in, to take part, to involve oneself
3. Comfortable:providing or experiencing physical well-being or relief

4. Improvement: a change for the better; progress in development

5. Mention: make reference to.

Grammar Point:

I wrote about my rewarding experience. What is yours? Write a paragraph about what your most rewarding experience is.

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad to hear that you are having a positive impact. In class I can hear your passion for helping the students.

    The word "rewarding" would be a good word for your vocabulary list too. Try to keep your definitions even simpler:
    collaborate (verb) -- to work together
    mention: talk about
    Do you see what I mean? It is important for the definition to be simpler than the new word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really like this entry Diane!!! It speaks volumes as to what you expect of yourself as a teacher. You are very dedicated to the profession and I am certain your students love your energy and enthusiasism.

    ReplyDelete