Saturday, November 6, 2010

Stressful Times


Although it was nice not traveling to work everyday this week, it certainly was not a vacation.  I had to depend on others to drive me places, sleep on the couch and Anthony had to blow dry my hair (he did a fine job by the way).  Despite all of my attitudes and emotional breakdowns Anthony and my mother have been here to be my left hand...literally.  By the way Anthony is typing every word I am saying.  Hopefully I don't lose any points :-)



Vocabulary
1 Travel - change location.
2 Certainly - surely definitely or positively
3 Depend - count: have faith or confidence in
4 Despite - In spite of, notwithstanding
5 Emotional - any strong feeling
6 Literally - without interpretation or embellishment

1 Donna was ______________ scared when she saw the new horror film.
2 Once a year my family __________ to Europe.
3 Gladis gets very _________ when she reads love stories.
4 Rodger took his teachers statement ____________ when it was meant as a joke.
5 ___________ the rain, the baseball game went on.
6 When Ryan feels sad he could always _________ on his friends to cheer him up.

Grammar Point

Find all the nouns in the paragraph, list them and then write six sentences  with them.

3 comments:

  1. Thank God you have help. Feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heard about your accident...darn that dog!!! I bet the dog feels terrible about your arm....when the going gets tough the people that love you most will always rally around. Glad to hear you have such kind-hearted love ones. Hope you have a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you feel better! It's very cute how Anthony blow out your hair for you. Two thumbs up for him. LOL.

    ReplyDelete