Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thanksgiving

The holiday session is approaching and I love this time of year.  Not only because I celebrate my birthday but because of all the traditions my family has.  Last year Anthony and I started our own tradition. During the time of Thanksgiving we cook the gravy (sauce), meatballs, and baked ziti for my family. My mom cooks the turkey but I feel within the next couple of years Anthony and I will pick up this tradition as well (Anthony and I are the cooks of the family).

Anthony and I started our own tradition last year. We had our first Christmas tree together. I am getting very excited to take the the tree out and start to put on the good old Christmas music and decorate our house.

Vocabulary:

Tradition: Something you do everyday, every week or every year.

Holiday:

Thanksgiving: A time that the United States gives thanks for everything that they have.

Christmas: A time to celebrate the birth of Christ.

Decorate: To make more attractive by adding ornament, and colour.


Put the vocabulary words in alphabetical order.


Grammar Point:

I wrote about my favorite time of the year. What is your favorite time? Write a paragraph about your favorite time of the year.

Does your family have special traditions? Write a paragraph about your family's special tradition/

1 comment: